Tuesday 17 June 2014

Blue Mandala throw

Ohmygosh it has been so long since I have posted! Working two jobs that is why. I have been crocheting up a storm but I never seem to finish anything. I have about five projects on the go at the moment - but here is one that I have finished...


The free pattern for it can be found at Ravelry. Just make sure you look at the errata as well is is at the same site at the bottom of the page.

It is a bit tricky to start (it helped me to look at some finished projects to see how the spiral starts and the edging pattern works) but I got there in the end.








It gobbles up the wool though. I used Patons Cotton Blend 8 ply and a 5.5 hook.





7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You did a great job, lovely yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is lovely yarn to work with to.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's beautiful! I've always loved that pattern and you did a wonderful job! Do you know how much yarn you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used up a lot of yarn - more than I expected. Unfortunately I didn't keep a count at the end but I think it was around 10 balls of the patons cotton blend 8 ply which are 95 meters each. The pattern says it uses about 930 meters so I thinks that is right. Have fun with it!

      Delete